Thursday, August 19, 2010

Trying other crafts week!

I've loved making photographs into cards or gift tags for a while now and along the way have enjoyed visiting scrapbook stores for the beautiful papers and cut out shapes and other beautiful 'accoutrements' that they sell to make these items unique and gorgeous.  I was gifted a set of shell stamps last December and had been wanting to use them.  So it was really fun when I asked my friend Carla from What a Card if she had a paper cutter in the shape of a luggage tag........and she said........."I have something soooooo much better........and.........I will lend it to you"!!!!  Whoooo hooooo - well how exciting is that???!!! Check out her gorgeous creations here : http://www.facebook.com/What-a-Card#!/pages/San-Jose-CA/What-a-Card/234876417991?ref=ts&__a=22&ajaxpipe=1

So thats how the Cricut machine and I became acqainted.  Its an amazing machine that is capable of cutting all kinds of shapes (depending on my many cartridges of shapes you are willing to buy) - you can change the size of each shape and of course use different thicknesses of paper and card.
I even looked them up online and found a very similar machine that cut the shapes out of fondant icing for cake makers!!!  How amazing is that??!!

Anyhow - back to my paper fun week....  So here are some of the fun things I made with different cards and papers and of course using my shell stamps.  I now have enough gift tags for the next year full of birthdays, anniversaries, hostess gifts etc!  I also followed a tutorial posted by Kindra of Kindra's Creations who makes the most amazingly beautiful paper crafts - http://www.facebook.com/Kindras-Creations/218805806592?ref=ts
and made these 'french' flowers from an old french book of mine, tea stained them and put them together as she suggested.  Lovely, I think.  Thanks Kindra x



So can anyone guess why I call these "Diana" flowers?  There's a clue in the writing on the flowers (which obviously comes from the book I used to make them.....)  Anyone????

Here are some more colorful Cricut flowers I made into tags....
And finally my precious shell tags......I'm pleased with these too....
I'd like to try these in some different colors of ink and maybe making greeting cards with them.  All very enjoyable crafts.  Gave the machines back but did cut out a few shapes in Holiday colors ......just in case I get the paper crafting urge again in a couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment