Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Featured link-love favorites - Tatania Rosa!


The home of stylish tatting! http://www.facebook.com/TataniaRosa?ref=ts

I must admit I had never heard of tatting until recently......At a Holiday party at a friends' house I admired some very delicate and beautiful christmas tree ornaments and was told that they had been made by various Great Aunts, Grandma's etc and were family heirlooms that came out of their box only at Christmas and were truly loved! They were white snowflakes - all different sizes shapes and designs :)

Then I found the Facebook link-love train and started discovering numerous talented artisans - amongst them Heather Buckman (Tatania Rosa) who very kindly offered to make me my first tatted snow flake ornament (which I bought as a gift but haven't quite managed to let go of yet !LOL!!).

And now my nephew is getting married and she has made me this gorgeous tatted bracelet - don't you just love the design and the little red beads? Its to go with the bride's outfit - but I know she will enjoy wearing it for many years to come. Do check out her designs......
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tataniarosa
http://tataniarosa.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this lovely article :) I hope she likes it.

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she will be delighted with it!! I would be xxx Thanks for the design and for gift wrapping and sending to another location :) Much appreciated. Beautiful piece which will hopefully become a family heirloom!!

    ReplyDelete